The Human Rights Foundation (HRF) is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that promotes and protects human rights globally, with a focus on closed societies.
HRF unites people in the common cause of defending human rights and promoting liberal democracy. Our mission is to ensure that freedom is both preserved and promoted around the world.
We focus our work on the founding ideals of the human rights movement, those most purely represented in the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), and the 1976 International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).
We believe that all human beings are entitled to:
- Freedom of Speech and Expression
- Freedom of Self Determination
- The Right to Equal Treatment and Due Process Under Law
- Freedom From Slavery and Torture
- Freedom of Association
- The Right to Leave and Enter Their Countries
- Freedom From Interference and Coercion in Matters of Conscience
- The Right to Acquire and Dispose of Property
- Freedom From Arbitrary Detainment or Exile
- The Right to Worship in the Manner of Their Choice
- The Right to Be Able to Participate in the Government of Their Country